Seriously, I have had many times that I let my big BUT get out of control!
Before you run off thinking, TMI (too much info) let me explain what I mean. I’m not talking about a body part here.
I’m talking about those doubts and fears that get in the way of our potential, our progress, our very dreams!!
I would start a business, BUT…
I wish I could go back to school, BUT…
I would love to change careers, BUT…
Do you feel me? That list of BUT’s could take up this entire post and I’m sure without much of a second thought you easily continued that list in your
We all HAVE a big BUT in our lives RIGHT NOW and it is really clouding our vision! However, it’s what we decide to DO about that big BUT is what makes ALL the difference!
So what can we do to shrink our BUTS?
- Focus on WHAT IS within your control and continue to make progress – one step, one moment, one hour, one day at a time
- Change your thoughts, change your direction – it really is as simple (and HARD) as that
- Adapt your plan if you have to, but never the goal!
- Stop making excuses to not do what you know needs to be done.
- Fake it til you make it…sort of – read this
- Decide WHO you are going to be before deciding how you are going to get there.
- Get the help you need.
Of course this isn’t a complete comprehensive list, BUT it can certainly help you head in the right direction!!
You see, sooner or later we will have a big BUT standing in the way of where we really want to go. It’s up to us whether or not to allow that BUT to become a big roadblock or just a speed bump on our journey.
Navigating my speed bumps right there with you,
What big “BUT” is hindering you right now?