We are so busy looking for the applause that we seem to have forgotten the importance of practicing the pause.
Sounds counter-intuitive I know, but think about it – how long can you…
- sustain a break-neck pace?
- maintain survival mode?
- trade your “planner” for chaos coordinator?
For those of us VALs (Valued Amazing Ladies) in business we are often found wearing those “titles” as some type of badge of honor! And who is it exactly, that is impressed with these badges? Us, others, family, those we are looking to attract to our business…?
With all that we’ve got going on in our lives, taking a purposeful pause seems almost laughable. Not possible and certainly not in the foreseeable future that’s for sure!
But what if you don’t make time for a pause – then what? How are things working out for you now at the pace you’re keeping?
Here’s the thing, when you make the time to pause, reflect and rest ah-mazing things have the chance to happen.
- Brain fog begins to lift – taking a moment to “exhale” can be like releasing the clutter going on in there!
- Ideas have an opportunity to “pop up”- with the to-do list off the hook for a hot minute, creative juices have a chance to show themselves!
- The reward of feeling energized comes over you – even if you didn’t “do anything”. (ever sit on a beach all day and leave feeling refreshed?)
Challenge yourself to make pausing a priority in your life.
Whether it’s a few minutes a couple times a day, several hours one day a week or a total check-out once a month! (I’d recommend all three for optimum return on your productivity, but that’s just me)
As proud busy people we have forgotten the wonder that can be found in our everyday and traded it for worry. We are missing the delight in the midst of the demands. Let’s commit to not just finding the pause, but relishing in all that it can be and do for us!
Learning to practice the pause right there with ya,
Get started with these 3 Easy Steps!
Need more help than just thinking about it?
Schedule a MAP strategy call and we can Make A Plan together!